Thursday, August 30, 2012

Spring has sprung!

I have spring fever! There is new spring in my step!

There is one day left of winter but this week, at least for me, spring has sprung!

The reason is a combination of factors. The weather has started to warm up this past fortnight here, so that flowers are blooming and we are finding ourselves flinging the windows and doors wide open to let in the warmer air.

The winter sales are petering out in the shopping centres and, although there are still bargains to be found, most people are looking at the new colours and styles. I am finding the new season fashion very inspiring. It's pretty and pastel and feminine and here in Australia there's still colour blocking a-plenty providing gaiety and simplicity (especially for a woman such as myself who is print- and pattern challenged).

In a less-obviously-connected thread, at work (yes this week was my first week back) the end of year reporting season has kicked off, year twelve are on the count down toward the HSC exams, and we are revising, dotting I's and crossing T's. Next term as we start to farewell our oldest kids (some with sighs of relief , a couple with whoops of joy, but most with tenderness and genuine nostalgia) we begin the task of evaluating and updating programs and resources, cleaning out the rooms and preparing for a fresh new year.


If none of this is explaining my suddenly heightened sense of joie de vivre, let me remind you that two weeks ago I started my diet...
 
AND IT IS WORKING!
 
I have lost 3kg in two weeks. I feel more energetic, I feel invigorated and in control. Best of all, I'm not feeling hungry or deprived! It's been easy! I haven't noticed any change visually yet, except that I am obviously happier, but I am hoping that in another two weeks I will start to feel some of my clothes are a little bit looser.


So next, while continuing my physical transformation, I am turning to my home. I have started the "20 Days to Organise Your Home Challenge" on one of my favourite blogs, The Organised Housewife. Nothing much to report yet as it officially starts on Monday but if you wish to have a peek at what it is all about then click here.
 
I am also reminding myself of some valuable lessons.
  1. It is not how much time you spend doing something, or being with somebody, but the quality of that time that is important.
  2. If something isn't working, then change it!
  3. I am capable of far more than I generally give myself credit for.
So here are some inspirational quotes to finish with:
 
“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
Babe Ruth
 
“I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”
Thomas Jefferson
 
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment